Luminous Landscape Video Journal - Issue 11
This Download Video may be viewed on a computer monitor using VLC Media Player.
3 files (~1.5GB) 2.5 hrs
File 1 - Costa Rica, Slideshow, Better Beamer
1. A wildlife photography workshop in this beautiful Central American country looking at both Pacific & Caribbean coasts and the cloud forest of Monteverde.
Includes Techniques segments on Seeing
and on the equipment necessary for Photography in the Forest
2. A slideshow of the photographs seen in this Issue
3. A review and tutorial on the use of the Better Beamer
File 2 - Ctein, Ctein slideshow, Luminous Landscapes - 4 prints from Iceland, Hartblei Tilt/Shift, Assignment, Introduction
1. Master printer & photographer Ctein discusses with Michael the history and current state of photographic printing. He gives a clear roadmap of the benefits & pitfalls of current printing technologies
2. A slideshow of some of Ctein's prints
3. Luminous Landscapes: a feature on the shooting and digital darkroom techniques used in specific photographs. Michael looks closely at the making of four prints from shots taken in Iceland
4. The Hartblei Super Rotator T/S lens - its features & use
5. Assignment Competition - Geometry
File 3 - Dye-Transfer Printing
1. In the Master's Darkroom A 45 minute feature shot in Ctein's very dark darkroom, showing ( & listening to) the complete process of making the photographic world's most beautiful colour prints.